Re: Married Man's Tool Box

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Married Man's Tool Box
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 7:46:08 -0600
> As much animosity as women have for the time we spend
> tinkering with our automotive toys

Wait! Stop! Come back!

>(and not doing the
> things we're supposed to be fixing or spending time
> with them), their lamentations would be more verbal if
> they knew how we raid thier stashes of 'restoration
> supplies'.

And what do I always say? If this is what you put up with-you're with the wrong
woman! Just as any *guy* who complains about my car club and automotive
activities really doesn't have much of a chance of being a long term
relationship! If they're not more accepting of the time spent with the car,
they're not accepting a very big part of who I am or of who we are. And there's
someone out there who will.

> Below is a list of some of the items that can be found
> in the purses, vanitys and junk drawers of almost any
> women.

Emphasize the "Almost" please, and do away with these silly "My
wife/girlfriend/s.o. doesn't understand my hobby 'cause she's a chick and I'm a
guy" stereotypes.

> Points restorers (aka emory board), almost any female
> will have an assortment of these thin stiff cardboard
> emory boards. They're the perfect grit, rigidity and
> thinness (to fit between your points contacts without
> bending the spring out of shape). Used correctly to
> file down the build-up and pitting on the points
> surfaces, they can save you valuable cha'ching in
> replacing the points. You should be able to use these
> and return them without the little lady finding out.
> But somehow they always seem to know.

Yeah, cause emory boards show the wear-don't you know? Better to use the metal
nail file-they don't show wear and last longer than emory boards. A
buck-forty-nine at the local drug store.

> This of course is just the tip of a veritable iceberg.
> The next time your significant other leaves her purse
> or pocket book on the table unattended, take a browse
> through it and see what other items would go well in
> your tool box!

All very cute. But, why go through with the risk of a fight (most likely ending
in no sex as a punishment from lesser evolved females) and just go to Pep Boys
or whatever is your establishment of choice and *buy* the proper tool for the
proper job to begin with?

Any man who raids my purse will a.) be mighty disappointed to find that I do
not carry most of that junk with me. And b.)while I am not the sort of woman
who with holds sex as a punishment, he will find himself very unhappily on the
outs with me.

> -Terry
> (And my parents wonder why I'm still single.)

DUH!

Laura G. (Who's still single, but because guys think it's weird that my hobby
is a "guy" hobby!)

///