Re: Testing the patience of the group

To: David Lover <dlover25@home.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Testing the patience of the group
From: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:38:07 -0500
David,
On changing the transmission oil:
The way I change the oil in the tranny is a little different.  The car needs
to be up so you can get under it.  You don't have to have the car level.
Draining the tranny is straight forward, but there is more than one way to
fill it.  I run a hose from the engine compartment to the filler hole in the
tranny.  I don't remember what size the hose is, but it fits the hole
snugly.  Then from the top side I insert a funnel into the hose and I fill
with a pre-measured amount of oil.  When I get a chance, I'll look to see
what size hose I use.  I keep the hose for that purpose only and it's in the
back of the shop (somewhere).
--
Ray Bryant

1308 Madera Court