Re: Seatbelts & Bumpers

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Seatbelts & Bumpers
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:55:54 -0600
>>Some people say, "Well, I'd rather have it look pretty and sleek
>>and besides, who's going to hit me?" The little old lady at the
>>grocery store, backing out her tank-and into the trunk of your
>>beloved Spitfire. The idiot behind you who figures at a red

light
>>that because you're driving a spiffy little sportscar, you're
>>probably not going to be bothered with red lights-and rear ends
>>you. (As happened to me last month on the corner of Roscoe and
>>Reseda in the Valley.)
>
>I was holidaying in the states 2 weeks ago and got rear ended 3

times in one week!  But I was driving a hired Ford Windstar, so I

probably deserved it!!!!

>-
>Dean Rayner.

I'm sorry. I hope everyone was ok?

I'd be curious to know the reason each had as to why they couldn't
be bothered to stop when you did. For my own amusement.

My pal Dave said that he was riding in a HUGE pick-up with a
friend who doesn't brake until the very, very last second and he
was trying to tell this (moron? Idiot?) guy that the truck was so
big, and so heavy that it wasn't going to stop on a dime like a
Prosche 356 or something. I always look in the rear view, and hang
on!

Dave also agreed with me that pick-ups and SUVs should have a
seperate operators license and testing-like motorcycles do. First,
there's the speed illusion problem-it's hard to tell how fast
you're going until youn look down and see that you're doing 90.
And with things that size, at freeway speeds, most drivers do not
have the skills to bring the vehicle under control when something
goes wrong. And that's how people get killed and little cars get
squished like bugs!

Anyway...

Laura G.