Weber DCOEs

To: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>,
Subject: Weber DCOEs
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:25:04 +0100
Hi Paul,
Judging by your website you seem to know something about Weber DCOE's on
spitfires..
I have just put a pair of DCOE40 18 on my 1500 (sports manifold and twin
exhaust, otherwise stock)..
The original jeting for the carbs was for racing spit, and very
extreme...
Even with these the car idled smoothly (800rpm cold) but backing off the
throttle screws as far as they went only allowed idle at 1500 when warm
(not great)
also had no power at less than 3000 revs.
I felt none of this was surprising considering the jeting
So I rejetted as per the triumph tune suggestions for a mild road mod
car.
Quite a difference, wicked acceleration above 2000rpm (warp drive
compared to the SUs, and lovely induction noise!), reaching 4500rpm
almost too quickly in 3rd gear...
Only trouble is that is still refuses to idle lower than 1300rpm dispite
the having the throttle screws turned right out.
Any ideas?
I have, of course, forgotten the jet specs today, but I'll bring them in
tomorrow
Cheers
Tim

--