Re: Weber DCOEs

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Weber DCOEs
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:40:25 -0400
Are you referring to the idle mixture screws on top
near the manifold .....  or the throttle stop screws on
the side when you say you have the screws
backed out.?

...the following is taken directly from
http://www.teglerizer.com/dcoe/webertune.htm

       Finally, set your idle mixture. Maximize RPM with the
idle mixture screws, then reduce idle speed to 850-1000
(lowest smooth idle speed) with the idle speed adjustment
screw. Tweak the idle mixture screws again at this speed.
Repeat until no further idle speed increase is observed.

  Your idle adjustment screws should be 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 turns
out from full lean. If they are far outside this range, your
idle fuel jet is the wrong size. Increase jet size to reduce
the number of turns, decrease jet size to increase the
number of turns out from full lean (all the way clockwise).

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com