Re: Weber DCOEs

To: ptegler@cablespeed.com, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DCOEs
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:06:31 +0100
Hi Paul
Checked for leaks last night, don't seem to be able to find any...
Took the manifolds of, and replaced with some gasket sealer, still the
same..
900rpm idle when cold, 1400 when hot..
Was thinking, surely a leak on the manifold side of the carb would lead
to rough running (too lean a mixture)...
Would this lead to an inability to lower the idle, even with the
throttle stops wound out..?
I tried puting a little pressure on the throttle spindles to close them
a little (finger pressure only) and this droped the idle to 1100 rpm.
Could there be too much air leaking around the throttle discs?
My other thought is that the springs on the linkage are essentially
loose at closed throttle, should they be exerting more force to close
the throttle, or do you just rely on the springs attached to the
throttle shaft itself?
Cheers for any help
Tim