Re: cardboard shroud

To: "Keith Burns" <kayak_keith@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cardboard shroud
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:31:23 -0400
...sorry... a bunch of old mail never went out....
so here they are...

take a look at any of my various Spit 'engine' pages
I use hardboard (un-perforated peg board)

I usually make a cardboard template that fits
the way I want it, and then just trace it onto the hardboard
and cut it out.

I spray paint them with paint designed for backyard bar-b-que
grills to help waterproof and heat proof them

the Punkin' engine page
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/v_engine.htm
shows a set rather well. On these I used a gold colored
wall to wall carpet edge strip as the top trim and strengthening
member.

Whitey's engine bay side panels can be seen (and even commented on)
about mid page at
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/75w_dualgauge.htm

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com