GT6 Thrust washer question-UPDATE

To: <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: GT6 Thrust washer question-UPDATE
From: "Mike Ross" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:10:23 -0400
Well I talked to the mechanic today after delivering a spare engine I
bought from Ted Schumaker.  The mechanic said the block was OK, but
the thrust flange on the crank was worn too far to reuse.  The rear
bearing cap can be welded up and reused.  The only other problem noted
was that the valve lifters were pitted (evidently not replaced as the
previous owner had indicated).   All other parts did appear new and in
good condition.  I'll have the replacement crank balanced and
polished, and should be back in the car in a couple of weeks.  I'll
have a spare head, block, oil pan, exhaust and intake manifold and
duel ZS carbs if anyone needs them.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Mike           http://pages.prodigy.net/mikeross
'63 Spitfire
'66 Spitfire
'68 Spitfire (donor body tub for GT6 convertible)
'69 GT6+  (donor chassis for GT6 convertible)
'70 GT6+