Re: Gear lube leak

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gear lube leak
From: Ben Miller <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 01:45:39 -0700
I don't know if this is the same issue or not, but... When I first got Bitsy
the clutch slipped a bit,
usually only in fourth gear trying to accellerate very hard or accellerat
up-hill. The clutch also
wouldn't bite well if I had the revs too high (over 2500) from a stop. Now the
clutch bites quite
nicely from a stop and I have a hard time getting it to slip even in fourth
gear. It could be just
that I've finally gotten used to driving a stick again (and this one in
particular) or there could
have been some type of lubricant spilled on the friction plate which is wearing
off.

--
Ben Miller