Re: parts cars wanted

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>,
Subject: Re: parts cars wanted
From: "John and Chris" <peacox1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 23:49:46 -0400
I have been half way following this thread and am not convinced that he is
intent on filling his pockets.  Has anyone ever tried to do this with
Spitfire parts??  They just dont have enough value to line anyone's pockets.
I dont know the guy and may or may not buy parts from him, but I sincerely
doubt he is making a killing selling parts.

I for one could use a "decent" source for used parts.  All the salvage yards
here would just as soon crush them than have them sit around taking up
space.  The same space that a 2000 Camaro could use, from which a salvage
yard could sell just the engine for more than most Spitfires in decent
running condition are worth.

There is a guy in the area that sometimes has Spitfire parts.  He, however,
thinks they are gold and thus worth way more than they actually are(ie:a
spare tire rim for $75).  Then there is one other place that thinks
Spitfires are a waste of time an only buys them to bust up for parts.  I
refuse to buy from him simply because of his attitude.  He also deals in
many other Brit car parts and restorations.  Says Spitfires are and always
were junk, and not worth his time.

As I said, I dont know this guy, and am not sure if I would buy from him
anyway after all I have heard.  BUT, I do NOT think he is really making a
lot of money off his venture.

Just thought I would chime in.
John
76 Spitfire