RE: Triumph Herald Speedometer And Fuel Gauge

To: "'Ben Miller'" <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Triumph Herald Speedometer And Fuel Gauge
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:01:25 +0100

a voltage stabiliser and appropriate fuel gauge - earlier Heralds use a
non-stabilised fuel gauge, sorry I'm not certain of the change point. From a
physical point of view things look more bleak - the Spitfire speedo has a 4
inch diameter whereas the Herald item is 5 inch. I think the turns ratio on
the face of the Spitfire speedo by this time was 1000 while Heralds used
different ratios dependant on tyres fitted, however all of these ratios were
higher than 1000 so there would be some inaccuracy.
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupi Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Saloon
|    A \____||____/ A    |  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
| =  H              H  = |  1961 Herald 'S'
=====U==============U=====  1961 Herald 1200 Coupi
\________________________/  1968 2000 Mk1 Saloon (the Wife's car!)

Join The Herald Mailing List at: