Spitfire Models

To: "'Spitfire List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Models
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:17:57 +0100
A few people a while back were asking about models of the Spitfire.

When I left Perkins a month ago, some of my colleagues got together and
bought me a Spitfire model - a really nice one.  It is of a Mk IV (close
enough to my 1500 to do for me), in white, European spec (LHD, twin SU
engine, speedo marked in km/h, French number plate), to 1/18 scale so about
6" long.  It has working steering, opening doors and bonnet, good detailed
engine (twin SUs, and details like the radiator overflow bottle and the oil
filter painted orange), and lots of good details such as: all the correct
badges, bonnet and boot catches modelled and painted silver, complete
exhaust system modelled on the underneath etc.

The main badges on the box refer to a company called 'Chrono', although the
small print on the underneath says that it's made in China by a Hong Kong
company called 'A-Model Collection Co. Ltd.'  I'll send more details if
anyone is interested.  Exactly where my friends found it I don't know, but I
could ask.

My only problem was holding back those of my friends who were threatening it
with a brown pen, to fill in all the rust patches to make it look more
'authentic'!

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email