RE: Car-wash

To: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Car-wash
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:35:06 +0100
Mike,

I've frequently taken Daffy through a rotating-brush car-wash with the
hard-top on.  I get a slight dribble at the corner where the windscreen,
window and hard-top meet, but nothing that can't be wiped with a paper
towel.  Otherwise, no problems at all, and like you say, much easier than
doing it by hand!

Nothing has ever fallen off (yet!), although I need to lower the aerial and
it ususally knocks the door mirrors out of kilter.

Given how frequently Daffy (and indeed Carly) sit out in the rain, I think
Jeff's enthusiasm for drying would be very much shutting the stable door
after the horse has bolted.

For the information of those in America: those fantastic washes that drag
your car past a selection of different rotating devices - unheard of in the
UK.  All we get here are the ones that have two vertical rotating brushes
and one horizontal, that move backwards and forwards over your car.  The
first time I went through one of those big American ones I was amazed, and
kept going back every week just for the trip!

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email