Re: shock absorber quality

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>, spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: shock absorber quality
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:54:31 -0400
I got a good deal on the ($30/pair) Monroe shocks last year.  But
they were lousy.  They were way too soft.  The car was bobbing all
over the place.  Also, they did not have a dust shield on the top,
so that the inner rod was exposed.

Last month I finally got some KYB units, and I am much happier
with them.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

P.S.:  I did not realize that an even poorer shock than
the Monroe was available for the Spit.  Perhaps they
were made in India for Heralds exported to that country?