RE: shock absorber quality

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: shock absorber quality
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:10:34 -0400
They might have air in them.  There is a trick that you
are supposed to do to normal (non-gas) shocks to purge any air.
You extend them right side up, then compress them upside down
and repeat this a few times.  Or maybe it's extend them
upside down, and compress them right side up....

Maybe somebody remembers it better than me.

But I still say try to find KYBs, if they are distributed in the UK.
Or maybe the Armstrong brand is good enough, I've never seen any...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit