Exhaust manifold and frontpipe needed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust manifold and frontpipe needed
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:14:59 -0400
Hey gang,

I need an exhaust manifold and front downpipe (just the forward 1/2) for
Freddy the mongrel Spit. . He has a 69 1296 in a 77 frame, and dual SU's.
So I am not sure just what the perfect manifold is - just about anything
has to be better than another 4-1 header. Please be kind, I am a bit poor
having bought a garage with detached house.

I have given up - I finally figured out that the reason I keep blowing
manifold gaskets is that my new header is incorrectly assembled. The plate
that bolts up to the block is about 1/8-1/4" too low relative to the header
tubes. Consequently, the raised edge of the tubes that are meant to bite
into the gasket are going across the open port. This means that the gaskets
last about 20 minutes before starting to leak.

I bought this header from Moss last spring - anyone think I have a case for
getting a refund? The problem is CLEARLY evident looking at the blown
gasket....

Thanks!

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine