Re: Running Temp of Spitfire 1500 1976

To: "bobby 731" <bobby731@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Running Temp of Spitfire 1500 1976
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:04:39 -0400
According to the owner's manual that came with my 74 parts car, 3/4 on the
gauge is normal. And that is just where both of mine have sat on warm days
with a 180 degree thermostat. It ain't broke! In any event, this isn't a
modern engine with a delicate aluminum-alloy head. It's good old cast iron
and quite tolerant of warm running.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook Maine
a Spitfire and a Herald

At 11:28 10/18/2001 -0700, bobby 731 wrote:
>I have a question about the running temp of my spitfire.  When it is cool
>outside I.E. below 70deg F  then the engine will run just below a half on
>the temp gauge.  When the temp outside is above 70deg F then the Engine runs
>at 3/4 on the temp gauge.

<snip>