Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] hub replacement

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] hub replacement
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:49:36 -0700 (PDT)
I have fitted it with the metal bit against the bearings.  When I took
the hub apart there was no felt in the old oil seal, I would imagine that
the po had the same problem and removed the felt to solve it.  Is this a
common problem?  What causes it?

I'll get my craft knife out tomorrow and trim it down a little.

Thanks for your help,
cheers,
John