Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] hub replacement

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] hub replacement
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:59:41 -0600
John, The metal bit should fit slightly "inside" the hub part next to
the bearings, with the felt towards the centre of the car.If it's not
fitting inside that little bit then that could be teh problem. The felt
is not that thick and compresses anyway. I had to replace the seals on
mine and found that I ended up using the new felt and old metal bits as
the new metal bits did not fit inside next to the bearings.
When I did that I could fit the split pin OK.

Alan