Spit turn signals, help

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit turn signals, help
From: KEschhofen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 12:27:30 EDT
I am not sure this e-mail got out last time, so I am sending it again.

I have a 1969 mk3 spit. I am now trying to get the turn singals to work. The
flasher unit is under the bonnet (one of my maunals said this was under the
facia/dash). It has three wires purple, green/white, light green/green. The
workshiop manual says these wires are supposed to light green/purple, light
green/brown and green.

The wires to the turn signal switch all match the manual ( light green/brown,
green/red and green/white). It seems I am getting juice to the flasher unit
(light green/green and the purple wire) but not to the signal switch. I have
heard that the schematics may not be correct.

Where do the wires connect and change color or do I have some thing wrong
here. I thought that maybe the pigtail for the flasher had been replaced, but
I don't see indication of this.

ideas?

Thanks
Kevin E.