Re: Spit turn signals, help

To: <KEschhofen@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit turn signals, help
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:28:34 -0400
. It has three wires purple, green/white, light green/green. The
> workshiop manual says these wires are supposed to light green/purple,
light
> green/brown and green.
>
> The wires to the turn signal switch all match the manual ( light
green/brown,
> green/red and green/white). It seems I am getting juice to the flasher
unit
> (light green/green and the purple wire) but not to the signal switch. I
have
> heard that the schematics may not be correct.

Best thing to do is figure which wire goes to the flasher indicator lamp on
the dash- should be(lol) LG/P (Light green, Purple) That should go to the
"P" terminal on the flasher.

Then locate the wire to the switch- this should be LG/N(Light Green, Brown)
and goes to the "L" terminal

The Green wire should be your power, coming from the "B" terminal on your
voltage stabilizer, and going to the "B" terminal on your flasher.

If the indicator light is on the wrong terminal, there is not enough
resistance for the flasher to operate. If the power wire is to the wrong
terminal, it will not operate properly.

Pull all three wires off the flasher, then check for power, key on. If more
than one has power indicated, you may have something wrong somewhere. The
connectors for the switch are pretty simple- take a multi meter, and test
between them to see which one switches between the other two. Also, send
power to the indicator lamp- it should light, and confirm the wiring.

Then, reconnect to the correct terminals, and begin troubleshooting from
there if it still fails.

Scott