Re: Spit turn signals, help

To: <KEschhofen@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit turn signals, help
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:55:20 -0800
Hi Kevin,

Sounds like a PO did a little "re-routing", or you've misidentified your
flasher unit or perhaps a little bit of both.  The original location of the
flasher unit is in fact behind the fascia along the upper bulkhead along side
your fuse unit (LHD).  The colors from the schematic are correct.

The light green/green is a low voltage feed from your voltage stablizer and
should only be feeding your fuel and temp gauges.  It should not be connected
to your flasher unit at all.

The flasher should also have a light green with a purple stripe, but not a
solid purple. Are you sure that you're not confusing your horn relay with the
flasher unit?  The horn relay is under the bonnet, and gets a solid purple
wire. As far as I can tell, is the only component that does.   Hope some of
this helps.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net