Re: GT6 vs Spitfire front springs

To: idhtfts@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: GT6 vs Spitfire front springs
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 12:58:30 -0700
idhtfts@yahoo.com wrote:

> Thanks Joe for the heads up. Who would have suspected it?
>
> I guess I'm left with these possibilities.
> Weaker springs from a Spit (if they are weaker that is)
> Shorter springs

If you use Spit Springs and feel like it is still too high, cutting the coils
will both lower the car and stiffen the spring rate.  So that may be a
valid option.  The Later Spit springs (I believe) are longer in order to keep
the bumper at the US safety standards.  So starting with a pair of those
may be a good option.  (Get a pair from a scrap yard to save the expense of
buying a new pair and finding them unsuitable.

> Is there any spring rate and length data available anywhere for the
> various Spits and GT6 model years?

Surely someone has this info.  But unfortunately, I don't know who!

Joe