Re: Automatic Spitfire? Huh?

To: wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Automatic Spitfire? Huh?
From: "Kristi Richardson" <lytabyron@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 15:45:25 -0800
Liv,

I understand my limitations and I do love Spitfires, so if I ever want one
to drive, (instead of being the passenger and navigator of my husband
Brad's) I would need an automatic.

Besides being extremely rare, the problem we have noticed with adapting a
Spit with an AT is that usually there is a hole in the hood to fit the
larger engine. It ruins the lines of the car.

I can understand the stick shift, sports car mentality but there must be a
market for it, for if you look in the car ads you will see that Corvettes
come with AT and that car has a lot more power than a LBC!

I will most likely get a 64 1/2 Ford Mustang next time around. I do like
working on cars and have learned alot from helping Brad. You just can't work
on the new cars.

Everyone to their own opinion!
Kristi