RE: Adjusting SU carbs

To: "Howard Baugues" <bauguesh@abcs.com>
Subject: RE: Adjusting SU carbs
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@ivwnet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:12:28 -0500
Howard,

Just as an aside, my 61 sprite has had a copper fuel line since I got it
with no ill effects.  And you can tell by looking it has been on it for
several several years prior to me getting it.  My '66 spitfire has copper
from the fuel pump halfway to the carbs (rubber the other half).  I took
this piece off a donor vehicle because it was prebent.  I don't have any
idea how long it was on it.  I've put more miles on the spit this year than
I ever have before with no fuel problems.

Also, my house is heated with LP gas.  It is pretty similar to gasoline in
composition.  The 100' or so line from the tank to the house was installed
in copper by the gas company.  So, I don't think the petroleum attacks
copper.  Although, I, like you have heard that it does.  It very well may be
an urban legend....

Still going to the Indy British car days sept 21?  If so, see you there...

Bill

<SNIP>
I also ran the gas line from the back carb to the front carb using copper
tubing. Is it OK to use copper tubing for the fuel supply line, or should I
use something line a stainless steel brakeline?
<SNIP>