RE: spitfire - heater valve - bybass

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spitfire - heater valve - bybass
From: "Rob T. Getzinger" <RTGetzinger@scif.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:05:49 -0700
I too find that after sitting all winter, my heater valve leaks. Are these
rebuildable?
I also started up the spit to get it ready to drive. I found my clutch was
sticking. After going through the master and slave cylinders found that I still
could not disengage the clutch. I decided I had some problem internally. I
pulled the engine and found that the clutch disk was stuck to both the pressure
plate and the flywheel. I suppose it was a moisture of sorts that built up,
condensation or just humidity. One weekend and it was out and back and and
driving again.
Rob