Re: spitfire - heater valve - bybass

To: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Subject: Re: spitfire - heater valve - bybass
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 17:25:50 -0400
At 10:52 AM 4/7/03 -0700, sinclair@degenkolb.com wrote:

>I'd like to bypass my leaking heater valve while I sort out a replacement.
>Actually - I'd like to bypass the entire heater core for the summer.
>Anyone foresee any problems with running a hose from the heater inlet to
>outlet on the block?
>I did imagine that it would be fine - but then I started wondering if
>perhaps it would be a bad thing to have coolant running around an
>unrestricted loop, possibly messing up the flow in the rest of the system.

Mark,

That's one solution.  The other is to put a shut off valve in the line going
to the water control valve on the firewall so that no water makes it to the
heater.

John

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org