Re: after a day of preparation...

To: "Emiel Rorije" <emiel.rorije@terra.es>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: after a day of preparation...
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 19:51:04 -0400
The valves normally get TIGHTER over time (in my experience).  This
is because the valve face and seat wear more than the pushrod, rocker arm, etc.
This causes the valve to rise higher, thus reducing the clearance.

If the clearance goes to zero it is bad, because the valve may not seat
fully, and the hot exhaust gas leaking out will wear it even more.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit