Throttle Pedal Shake & Others & Mk3 For Sale

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Throttle Pedal Shake & Others & Mk3 For Sale
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:48:45 +0100
Good Morning Listers,

Work continues to make my car work properly (well, at least do all the
little corrections)

My first roundtail specific question is this; is there a cure to
throttle pedal shake? Sometimes it likes to shake which makes a rat tat
tat noise...

Next to matters of a clutch kind... the pedal still isn't how I want
it, despite bleeding it last Sunday - although it is much better... in
the fact it works... it still seems a little spongy... and sometimes it
makes a worrying, albeit very quiet, whizzing noise then I push the
pedal... methinks the release bearings need to be investigated?

Oh, and I take back all I said about the 3-rail - I love it now... and
I will even more when I use the "Gear Change Bush Kit" from Canley this
weekend...

Lastly, I saw a Mk3 a couple of weeks ago, located near Stanstead. I
may have told you all about, I can't remember. Anyway, the car is
amazing, however it needs putting together. Engine, gearbox, suspension
etc are all in, pretty much everything is together - the interior needs
refitting and things like lights etc. The engine and gearbox has been
rebuilt. The body is painted in 2 pack Signal Red and was Gravitex'ed.
The guy was asking 4k for it. I only mention this because he phoned me
this morning - so it obviously isn't sold yet - and perhaps was looking
to sell it for a lower price - I didn't ask because I couldn't speak
for long at the time. Anyway, it could be a brilliant Spit for
someone... it would be absolutely mint when finished... email me for
contact details...

James

69 Signal Red Spit
77 Pimento Red Spit (it hasn't been dismantled yet)