trouble shooting "quiz" H-6 carbs

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: trouble shooting "quiz" H-6 carbs
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:35:01 -0400
For the past 3 months after driving for any length of time or distance when I
shut off the ignition and then attempt to restart the throttle linkage seems
to be stuck or held open at a very high RPM, sometimes almost full open, I
have to turn the ignition off very quickly or thrown a rod, raise the hood and
push the linkage closed, I have replaced "all" of the linkage, readjusted all
of the throttle stops, reset the timing, replaced the clamps on the throttle
shafts and all to no avail, so the "quiz" is what is causing this problem on a
T/R 3 with H-6 carbs  ?? Randall stay out of this. I'll buy the winner his
favorite beverage, this is very simple and easy to be overlooked, but a good
tip for others if you ever run into this problem.  "FT"