Re: Where's the innovation?

To: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Where's the innovation?
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:01:06 -0700
Glen,
The parts suppliers have pretty much taken on the job of just keeping
out cars running.  This means that they are limiting themselves to
supplying replacement original type parts and the occasional add-on that
has been around for years.

The new stuff for our cars is being produced by innovative private
parties who see a need and make a part that fills the void.  Such is the
case with Justin Wagner's gaskets and my camber compensators and shock
mount brackets.

In short, if there is a need and a market large enough, someone will
produce a product to address that market.  Apparently the big 3 don't
think there are any new things that need to be introduced.

Regards,
Joe