Re: Where's the innovation?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where's the innovation?
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:14:08 -0400
PRI and Pierco make "new" toys for our cars.  Custom fabricated cylinder
heads, four wheel disc brake conversions, etc.  And you're going to pay
for it.

The market is too small for a big player to mass produce the goodies
specifically for the Spitfire, or probably the entire lbc market at
large.  Even on the Japanese car side, companies like Jackson Racing
market for Honda and Toyota and Subaru, etc.  They need to in order to
have a large enough market base to make it work for them.

For engine stuff, you've got to include the difficulties of getting
CARB certified.  It's hard to do, takes a long time, and is expensive.
I'm not surprised Pierce chose not to do it.

Companies like TRF, Vicky Brit and such do not market to the hot
rodder, customizer or racer.  They market to the resto folks, and the
stock crowd.  That's where the bread and butter is, and they quite
understandably want to stay in it.  It's easier, safer and more
profitable.

We've got Joe right here in this group that makes some of the "new
stuff".  Ask him how much money he's bringing in making and selling
camber compensators and such.  :-)  I'm pretty sure he's not going to be
retiring to the islands any time soon on the money he's made selling
camber compensators.

>>> Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net> 06/10/03 08:42PM >>>
"where's the new stuff?".

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.