A father's Day well spent...

To: "Spitfire squadron (E-mail)" <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: A father's Day well spent...
From: "Smith, Brian (Inland-Gaylord)" <BSmith51@ICCNET.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:16:40 -0500
As a father's day gift to myself, I worked on the Spitfire yesterday.  I
replaced the radiator with one I bought from E-Bay and went to get the thing
started.  Well, I got it running and it is "seeking"  It will "idle" from
about 1500 rpm to 500 rpm and rhythmically fluctuated between these points.
I know the problems in the carbs (Twin 1.5" S.U.'s) and I would like to
shorten the tuning process by eliminating any excess steps.

BTW, I used my "new" Suntune digital engine analyzer for the first time.  I
bought it about 3.5 yrs ago when they were closing them out at a
ridiculously low price.  Dwell angle was 43 to 47 degrees.

Brian Smith
Inland Paperboard and Packaging
Bogalusa Mill