Re: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic===

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic===
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:12:26 -0400
Rant mode ON!

I just went through this on Saturday at Autozone as well. The oil cap seal
on my Volvo disintegrated into chunks of hardened rubber. This is just a
flat ring of rubber. Not even particularly fussy as to exact size. $.75
from Volvo, but not on a Saturday evening when I NEEDED the car on Sunday.
So I am trying to impress upon the counter monkey that I don't necessarily
need an "oil cap seal for a 90 Volvo 740 16V" I just need ANYTHING of
roughly the correct size and shape. A gas cap, a radiator cap, anything
that had a circle of gasket material close to the right size. Do you THINK
I could actually get him off his @ss and go look on the shelves right
behind him for something similar? I would have gladly bought an entire gas
cap for $20. Finally I had the brains to ask if they had sheet gasket
material - $1.95 later and I was on my way.

Luckily, I live 1 mile from the regional NAPA distribution center which has
GREAT counter guys, but they had closed by the time I needed the seal.
Autozone was the only place in town still open.

VERY frustrating....

Kevin Rhodes