Aftermarket parts ==lomg==

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Aftermarket parts ==lomg==
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:31:33 -0400
While doing some maintenance today on my 31 Ford I started thinking what a
find system we have for buying aftermarket parts on this car as compared to
our "Triumphs", the Ford Motor Co's insignia is placed on every
package/box/container that has been subjected to "Fords" very thourgh and
tough quality assurance testing program, once this insignia is in place you
know you have a 1st class part, for this quality service "Ford" collects a
royalty for each and every unit made, the royalty is very small and the prices
are still kept in line with unapproved and questionable quality aftermarket
parts, this gives a lot of peace of mind you have bought the right part and it
is factory approved, this same program could be implemented by someone such as
"Gaydon" whom has the original factory specs, a extra income going to "Gaydon"
for a very small reassuring service for all concerned, I think it could be
worthwhile for a group endeavor of getting this started and correct some of
the "Far-East" aftermarket products our hobby experiences today.  Just my
.00002 "FT"