Re: manifold removal?

To: Tburke4@aol.com, danvon@scripps.edu, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: manifold removal?
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:22:16 -0400
At 02:09 AM 6/26/2003 -0400, Tburke4@aol.com wrote:

>4. Replace all the studs and nuts with proper new ones and re-installation
>will go much better. New gaskets, of course. Proper torquing and maybe some of
>that hi-temp copper gasket sealer will help avoid vacuum leaks.

ALWAYS use lots of anti-sieze compound on those studs and nuts!  Then
you won't have a seizure the next time you have to remove the
manifolds!  I have had the same nuts and studs for 10 years, and I
can still remove my manifolds (relatively) easily.  But if the studs or nuts
are at all rusty, definitely replace them.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit