RE: optical triggers for crane/allison

To: "'Aaron Johnson'" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: optical triggers for crane/allison
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:45:08 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Aaron Johnson
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 11:37 PM
To: spitfires
Subject: optical triggers for crane/allison

Does anybody out there have any extra/spare optical triggers for a crane
xr700
that they'd be willing to part with?  At the rose cup, when the fan belt
pitched itself off it took the trigger and mount with it, I'm assuming
that's
the bang I heard when it spit itself out the bottom of the car. That
left me
with 3 wires...as you can imagine they don't trigger so well.  I had one
spare, but it disintegrated itself when the screw backed out and let it
beat
itself against the trigger wheel.  I was wondering why it wouldn't
trigger.
Upon closer inspection the optical portion was gone and it was only the
shell
of a trigger.  Now I'm out of spares...

bueller...bueller...anyone...anyone

Aaron

Aaron,
You are probably going to find it difficult to find anyone that has one
of those things except for Crane.  However, I have a Pertronix already
installed in a Delco Dizzy that I'll make you a good deal on.  It came
out of the race engine that I used to have in Tiny Tim.

Joe