Re: Water Wetter & Fuel Line

To: arodnitzky@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Water Wetter & Fuel Line
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:30:25 -0400 (EDT)
Question -- did the operating temperature drop 5 deg F or did the
_coolant_ temperature drop 5 deg F?  If the latter, it might indicate
a poorer heat transfer to the coolant from the hot engine parts.  It
certainly (to me) does not indicate more efficient cooling.  Please
feel free to convince me otherwise.

Regarding the fan cut-in temperature, an engine operates more
efficiently at higher temperature, provided the temperature does not
get so high that "bad things" happen (preignition, lubrication
failure, stuff like that.)  Further, the coolant will not boil until
about 250 F (IIRC) because it is under pressure, so 210 is not very
hot, relatively speaking.

My 2d,
Donald.