Re: Body tolerances and bolt-on wires.

To: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Body tolerances and bolt-on wires.
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:56:38 -0500
You have the rare stock bolt-on wire wheels?  So do I.  (Actually mine are in
the attic,
because I got tired of getting flats due to failing inner tubes).

If you need to replace any spokes, you will have to have them custom-made.
These wheels
take spokes that are a bit shorter than the ones used by the more common
splined-hub
wire wheels.  I had a few spare spokes made up by these guys:

http://www.buchananspokes.com/index.html

As for the tires, these wire wheels are the same width as the standard wheels.
In my opinion, 175-70 is the ideal size for them.  (It's what I have).

Doug Braun
'72 Spit