Re: cranks

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cranks
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:50:16 -0600
Mitch,

 I am a backyard mechanic, rebuilding my first Spitfire. If anyone, more
experienced than I, can say drilling a 5/32 hole completely thru the center
main journal and the front rod journal doesn't ruin a Spifire 1147 crankshaft,
let me know. I have been wrong many times before.
 I think it will screw up the oiling and weaken the crank!

 Jerry did let me know, he would refund my money, If I returned the crank. I
called UPS and was quoted $29.40, to ship the $24.99, drilled for balancing
purposes, crank back to the left coast.

Larry