RE: Probably a really stupid question, but...

To: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Probably a really stupid question, but...
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:02:51 -0500
Your "hunting" at idle may be a leak at the head, intake, or carbs.
Go get a spray can of carb cleaner, crank the engine and spray the cleaner
around all the joints and linkage of the intake, carb and head.
If it increases the idle you have an air leak.
You need to get that fixed or you will never get it tuned.