still on bearings

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: still on bearings
From: "Todd france" <triumphspitfire74@lycos.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:53:32 -1000
  so here is where I stand ...

  I have a reground crankshaft, I have found One pair of VP2 30 over
rodbearings for a sudo reasonable price, and I know where to get the mains but
I do not consider the price reasonable, So here is my question. Would it be
wise to perhaps replace the mains with kings or something as good? Would the
two sets of bearings have any sort of dislike for eachother as the engine
flexes or would they each live aware of eachother and unchecked by eachothers
exsistence?

  I've been told the mains don't wear so easily as the rods. I did however
notice deep but very uniform grooves on the shells and crankshaft main journals
before regrinding the mains, is this normal wear, or due to cheap bearings?
there wasn't the same flaking i have seen on the rod bearings.

  If Vandervells all around is the only way to go does anyone possibly have a
set of 30 over VP2 mains they would like to negotiate the release of? I also am
on the look out for a good deal on the three different sized thrust washers so
I can mix and match and get that part of the work right.

   Also there is a little washer the machine guy gave me back with the crank, I
can't remember the name it is long and thick, and came out the end of the
crank... Anyways he said i might want to replace it, It didn't look to worn to
me, do I need to replace it? and what is the little bugger called?

   Almost there I hope,

  thanks for all the help you have all given,

 I'm sure I'll have a few more questions before this is all over and for future
projects too I hope!

     Todd