Re: undercoat

To: "Henry Stike" <stiker2126@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: undercoat
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:45:13 -0400
Hey, sounds like you were lucky to find a car that didn't need any
repairs/welding to be done and thus were able to leave the protective
undercoating in place. Unfortunately, we've never seen one of those and always
had to strip it down to the bare metal, a job that 's very time consuming and
messy in order to weld, repair and re-paint. But, in the end, for us it was
worth it, for we now have a body totally rust free and 'almost' brand new
looking. So, I guess, it all depends on the condition and what you want to
make of the car.
Cheers
Liv  who forgot to remove the trailer...I'm not used to autox-team replies
anymore. ....:-)