Handbrake cable removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, pdgrafelman@hotmail.com
Subject: Handbrake cable removal
From: llst <llst@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:33:43 -0700
Paul, I have taken a few cables out and the way I go about it is to push the
drum end and the drive shaft end into the 90 degree bend to form a U shaped
loop between the two ends of the slider. After pushing enough cable in, give
the U bend cable a twist to form a circular pigtail looking loop. You should
then be able to pull the drive shaft end through the first 1/2 of the bend and
then pull it through the second half. :-!

Larry Ternowski
/

Subject: Removing handbrake cable

Hey list,

Trying to remove the handbrake cable, the rear portion of it. The cable is
wrapped around a '90 deg. 'slider' on each side of the car, and I cannot get
the threaded part of the cable through because it doesn't bend. Looks to me
like my only options are to either cut the cable or 'modify' the sliders
with a cut-off tool. Anyone have any better ideas? (The tub and rear
suspension/drivetrain is off the car so I have easy access)

Paul Grafelman/