Electrical Mystery

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electrical Mystery
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:44:55 EST
Hi Folks,

I have to admit that it doesn't take much to mystify me electrically. I have
been trying to make the heater and radio operational and this led, as it
sometimes does, to a wiring fire under the dash. The 15amp fuse in the
connection
wire didn't blow for some reason. I went through the loom of wire and cleaned
out the remains of a pink/white wire to which I had connected the radio hot
wire. This involved a full day of fussing under the dash, unplugging connectors
and moving stuff. I cleared burned wire clear back to a multi-plug connector
near the steering wheel.

Now I have no turn signals, no wipers, no fuel gauge, no temp gauge, nothing
on that top fuse circuit, but the fuse is not blowing (It did at first, but
now it stays intact. I have no idea why.) The car starts and runs fine
otherwise..

I don't know what to do to figure this out. Any help anyone can offer would
be most appreciated.

So it goes,

Tom Burke