Re: Electrical Mystery

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Electrical Mystery
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:20:04 -0600
Is it by chance a wire inside the "change box" area under the dash, to the
left of the steering column? There's one wire I had for the fan relay. It
had an inline fuse that never blew. INstead, it would just get super hot and
melt the plastic fuse holder. Replaced it, it melted through again, but
never blew the fuse. I instead just gave up and just soldered the wires
together sans fuse holder. The result was a working(er, mostly) fan system
again. Ever since I replaced the thermostat(Im on a '79) it never turned on
automatically, so I just installed a manual on/off switch for the fan.