machine shop in the Baltimore area

To: "CARS nass@yahoogroups." <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: machine shop in the Baltimore area
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 01:53:42 -0500
Hey guys and gals....
    I writing to simply let everyone (at least in the Baltimore/DC
corridor) know there's a nice machine shop in the area.
Just northeast of BWI airport area    Marty Brown Racing and Machine
410-766-3100
VERY friendly group of guys and quite interested in my GT6 when
I pulled up.   They, on location, specialize in cylinder heads, and block
work. They do send their cranks down to the D.C. area  as Marty
stated... $80K for a crank grinding machine and submersion welder
just isn't worth the investment.

Anyway..... even though I haven't had any work done by them personally,
just seeing the shop setup, and some of the hardware sitting there, and
alone with their attitudes, I was quite impressed with them.

Hope this info can help someone looking to fix up an old engine.
They had everything from 502 big blocks, all the way down to 1.2L
4 bangers sitting there all machined, waiting to be picked. And (among
many others) two of the biggest damned billet crankshafts I think I've ever
seen!

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com