camber

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: camber
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:43:25 -0600
I keep getting side tracked in this reconstruction process but working out the
kinks as you proceed is probably better than starting over when it's all
together.

The '73 Spit had 2 shims on each side, for the lower control arm, front and
back. it also had 1 shim under one of the shock towers. I forget which side.

The '77 Spit had 4 shims on one side, front and back, and none on the other
side. It also had 1 shim under one shock tower. I forget which side.

I had the '77 shock towers all cleaned and painted before I noticed the rust
through in the back of the frame. I used them on the '73 frame when I got it
cleaned and painted.

I thought a front end shop would sort all this out when they aligned it. Now I
have my doubts.

When shimming the lower control arms for camber, would 6 or 7 each side be
excessive?

http://ljvaughan.homestead.com/camber.html

Larry