Re: Rear shock mounting - clarified

To: v6spitfireguy@cox.ne
Subject: Re: Rear shock mounting - clarified
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:38:32 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I just installed one of Joe's brackets on my GT6 MkI which was converted to
rotoflex.  I tried several other fixes  including Triumph Tune's brackets that
slip between the frame and the body (the shocks bottomed out on bumps) and some
home made brackets that bolted onto the fender well (ripped out due to metal
fatigue).  Joe's bracket is a much better solution and not all that expensive.
Dave

I suppose, they would need to be fairly substantial to handle the loading.
Joe Cury used to sell a bracket that would slip under the body and on top
of the frame just for this purpose - you might check with him - he may
still have some of them
>I see how my question was unclear - what I meant was
>could a SECOND pair of upper rear shock mounts (aka
>body mounts) - cut from a Spitfire frame in this case
>- be used to extend the upper shock mounting points
>outward when using GT6+ rotoflex rear suspension on a
>GT6+ frame?

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)