Gt6er's don't go short on the stand

To: List Spit <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Gt6er's don't go short on the stand
From: Andre Rousseau <triumph@justdrive.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:09:41 -0500
http://www.justdrive.ca/04/11-11/index.html
http://www.justdrive.ca/04/11-13/index.html

Thursday night I put my GT6 engine onto a 750lbs engine stand.
All seemed well, but when I went rotate the block over I could tell right
away the stand was not holding up too well.
The problem was not the weight, but the length of the engine. This was
putting an extra load on the stand making it impossible to rotate the engine
or for that matter getting the locking pin in or out. Not a safe situation
at all.

So Friday night I went out and bought a 1250LBS engine stand from Princess
Auto. It was on sale, only $10.00 more then the 1000lbs unit, plus its
yellow. :)

The new stand features a open ended square design, 4 wheels and seems to be
a lot beefier then the smaller 750lbs version.
http://www.justdrive.ca/04/11-13/slides/IMG_2415.html compare if you dare

I set it the new stand up this morning and loaded the engine on to it. Much
better. I can rotate the block, but its interesting getting it back up to
the top. I9ll be building those muscles, while doing this engine rebuild.

I guess the moral is something everyone has heard before. Buy the right
tools for the job the first time!

Cheers.

A.

--